Event Type Workshop
26jun(jun 26)8:30 am29(jun 29)3:30 pmRobotics Summer Camp 2023
Does the idea of learning about and implementing robotics in your classroom or school feel overwhelming, intimidating, or semi-panic inducing? Fear
Does the idea of learning about and implementing robotics in your classroom or school feel overwhelming, intimidating, or semi-panic inducing? Fear not. Robotics is possible for everyone with the LEGO® SPIKE™ Prime Robotics Summer Camp.
Instead of spending hours trying to learn about robotics on your own, learn with TCEA’s knowledgeable facilitator, Peggy Reimers. Join peers in the field for a four-day workshop that will give you all the information, knowledge, and skills you need to integrate the use of robotics with your students.
After this camp, you’ll walk away with:
1. A foundation in building and programming robots
2, Knowledge of the creative possibilities for robotics
3. Confidence working with robots over multiple days
4. Fun and flexible lessons to implement
5. The keys to fostering buy-in for building a sustainable robotics program
Participants should bring:
1. LEGO® SPIKE™ Prime robotics set with a fully charged SPIKE Prime hub (required). NOTE: Expansion sets are not required.
2. A Macbook/Windows laptop or Chromebook (required).
3. Downloaded software for SPIKE Prime (required).
4. An iPad as a supplemental device (not required).
Location: TCEA Headquarters in Austin, Texas
Dates: June 26-29 (8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. CST)
CPEs: 24 credits earned (counts for GT)
Meals: On your own
Each registration includes a complimentary, one-year, auto-renewing TCEA membership
26 (Monday) 8:30 am - 29 (Thursday) 3:30 pm CST