Educational Technology Appreciation Day!
04decAll DayEducational Technology Appreciation Day!
Let your technology team know how invaluable they are by celebrating their outstanding work! Ways to Show Appreciation for the Tech Staff Throw a party with all their favorite treats.
Let your technology team know how invaluable they are by celebrating their outstanding work!
Ways to Show Appreciation for the Tech Staff
- Throw a party with all their favorite treats. Invite your superintendent and other district administrators to demonstrate the district’s support.
- Offer chair massages in 15-minute slots.
- Create a video/trailer of all the technology being used in your classrooms, or one with students, staff, parents, and administrators thanking them.
- Use social media to publicly thank them. This isn’t fake news!
- Have your local school board or city council issue an official proclamation honoring their service to the district.
- Give them gift cards to local restaurants, Starbucks, or their favorite geek store.
- Create a basket that teachers can fill with treats and goodies. Homemade cookies are always the right answer!
- Ask students to create a 3D-printed trophy honoring their work and have the students make the trophy presentation. Check out this sample file of trophies.
- Create posters recognizing them and display them around the school and local businesses.
- Have students and teachers answer this question on Twitter: “What would we do without our tech team?” Add these hashtags #tceahero and #EdTechApprecationDay.
- Offer an early release day for the technology team.
- Place a banner on the district website announcing the day and thanking the technology employees.
Celebrate the endeavors of technology employees to honor their work and to communicate the importance of technology in our schools.
All Day (Wednesday)