Throughout Texas and nationwide, educators are focusing on the ever-growing number of Open Educational Resources: free educational resources that individuals can modify and adapt to their specific needs.
Throughout Texas and nationwide, educators are focusing on the ever-growing number of Open Educational Resources: free educational resources that individuals can modify and adapt to their specific needs. The purpose of this summit is to help educators in Texas understand what OER are, how they support education, and how to implement them locally. The day will include panel and table discussions that will help identify the most pressing obstacles regarding the use of OER in Texas schools and how we might overcome them. National and state leaders in the OER community will join us to provide their perspectives.
The summit will be held from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm and will take place at the TCEA facility in Austin. Please join us for an exciting day as we explore how Open Educational Resources can benefit Texas students.
*** NOTE: REGISTRATION IS LIMITED SO SIGN UP TODAY!***
- 8:15 am – 9:00 am — Check-in
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am — Welcome and Introductions
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am — Morning Panel – What’s happening at the national and state level?
- 10:30 am – 10:45 am — Morning Break
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm — Lunch
- 10:45 am – 11:45 am — Table Discussion – What barriers are preventing schools from utilizing OER?
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm — Afternoon Panel – What support is available for the implementation for OER?
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm — Table Discussion – What are the 5 biggest barriers with the use of OER?
- 3:00 pm – 3:30 pm — Closing – Future Action Steps
The Texas K-12 OER Summit is a collaboration between the Texas State Library and Archives Commission and TCEA.