CPE Credit Hours: 12
- Free, one-year TCEA membership for each participant ($49 value)
- TCEA digital badge
- TCEA certificate sent via email upon course completion
If you have any questions or need further information about registration or course content, please fill out this short form.
Why Learn with TCEA?
- Our courses are streamlined for efficient and lasting learning.
- We share ideas and resources that you won’t be able to find anywhere else.
- This course was designed in collaboration with ClassLink.
- We also offer ideas and techniques based on years of experience in professional development, integrating educator feedback to always meet the needs of course participants.
Self-Paced Online Course
ClassLink Educator is a self-paced, online program. Participants can begin anytime and go at their own speed throughout the program.
Upon enrollment, you will receive a program invitation email from TCEA’s learning management system (Instructure’s Canvas) that will give you access to the self-paced course. Within the course, you will find modules that must be moved through in sequential order. The modules can be found below.
|Module 1||OneRoster®||Module 1 is an introduction to the OneRoster® standard and the corresponding file format using comma-separated value (CSV) files. You will learn about the OneRoster® standard, how to apply the OneRoster® file format, and how ClassLink supports institutions to establish files that meet the OneRoster® specifications.|
|Module 2||Getting Started With Roster Server||The Getting Started With Roster Server module covers the ClassLink Roster Server dashboard and how to configure your student information system (SIS) using an API connection or through a secure file transfer protocol (SFTP). Additionally, this module explores setting thresholds, configuring a daily sync time, and running limited imports.|
|Module 3||Data Management||Module 3 explores importing data in Roster Server, analyzing data using the data preview feature, and how to use Roster Server's Preprocessor to modify data.|
|Module 4||Applications||The Applications module explores adding and modifying vendor application data and running data Sanity Checks, which validate data being sent to vendors.|