We’re advancing teaching and learning with technology.
You want to engage your students and prepare them for the future. You know technology can support that goal. And you want the focus to remain on solid teaching. We’re here to help. Join TCEA. We’re a nonprofit association of educators working to advance learning with technology. We can help you find the tools and support you need to get the buy-in and results you want.
TCEA is dedicated to advancing teaching and learning through the use of technology.
Learning without Limits
What We Do
TCEA (Texas Computer Education Association) is a global, nonprofit, member-based organization. We support the use of technology in education. Founded in 1980, TCEA has been playing a vital role in increasing technology funding and access for PreK-16 schools for nearly 40 years. Our 70,000-member association is led by a grassroots board of directors—all professional educators. TCEA’s resources support educators in the field who are enhancing curriculum with digital tools.
Convention, Conferences, and Events
TCEA is best known for its exceptional conferences and events. These include our annual TCEA Convention & Exposition, our summer Elementary Technology Conference, and our specialized System Administrator and Technical Support Conference. A number of other academies, workshops, and certification courses are offered throughout the year. Our members have a broad array of in-person learning opportunities to choose from.
In addition to learning events, TCEA provides members with cutting-edge information. We offer online professional development, publications, and resources through collaborations with businesses and institutions of higher learning. TCEA is affiliated with the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE). This lets us provide a two-way channel of information throughout the world.
TCEA is dedicated to advancing teaching and learning through the use of technology. To accomplish that goal, we follow the organization’s Strategic Long-Range Plan.
Strategic Long-Range Plan
Goal 1: Teaching and Learning
Support the practice of innovative teaching, learning, and leading with technology.
- Objective 1.1: Research current and emerging trends in educational technology to provide relevant and innovative teaching and learning opportunities.
- Objective 1.2: Build the capacity of educators through professional learning opportunities.
Goal 2: Membership
Stimulate organizational growth through membership opportunities and engagement.
- Objective 2.1: Grow membership in new and emerging markets.
- Objective 2.2: Enhance member networking opportunities, building on existing platforms and practices.
- Objective 2.3: Retain members.
- Objective 2.4: Uncover members’ expectations and how they define value and use that information to plan membership initiatives.
Goal 3: Advocacy
Affect change in policy and practice to enhance teaching and learning.
- Objective 3.1: Strengthen relationships with local, state, and national policymakers.
- Objective 3.2: Empower and engage members to advocate for innovative teaching.
- Objective 3.3: Advocate digital equity for all learners.
Goal 4: Stability
Ensure the long-term stability of the organization.
- Objective 4.1: Identify trends and their impact on the future needs of the organization.
- Objective 4.2: Diversify sources of income.
- Objective 4.3: Implement strategic financial practices to guide planning.
“Because of TCEA, Weslaco ISD has been able to increase our knowledge and actively engage in new tech tools, broadening our horizons in the classrooms in all content areas.”
-Leticia G. Martinez