We’re advancing teaching and learning with technology.
You want to engage your students and prepare them for the future. You know technology can support that goal. And you want the focus to remain on solid teaching. We’re here to help. Join TCEA. We’re a nonprofit association of educators with 38 years of experience advancing learning with technology. We can help you find the tools and support you need to get the buy-in and results you want.
TCEA is dedicated to advancing teaching and learning through the use of technology.
What We Do
TCEA (Texas Computer Education Association) is a global, nonprofit, member-based organization. We support the use of technology in education. Founded in 1980, TCEA has been playing a vital role in increasing technology funding and access for PreK-16 schools for 38 years. Our 13,000-member association is led by a grassroots board of directors—all professional educators. TCEA’s resources support educators in the field who are enhancing curriculum with digital tools.
Convention, Conferences, and Events
TCEA is best known for its exceptional conferences and events. These include our annual TCEA Convention & Exposition, our summer Elementary Technology Conference, and our specialized System Administrator and Technical Support conference. A number of other academies, workshops, and certification courses are offered throughout the year. Our members have a broad array of in-person learning opportunities to choose from.
In addition to learning events, TCEA provides members with cutting-edge information. We offer online professional development, publications, and resources through collaborations with businesses and institutions of higher learning. TCEA is affiliated with the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE). This lets us provide a two-way channel of information throughout the world.
To become the dominant force for technology in education. To accomplish that goal, we follow the organization’s Strategic Long-Range Plan.
Strategic Long-Range Plan
Goal 1: TCEA provides innovative services and resources that meet the evolving needs of education and empower learners.
- Objective 1.1: Identify and showcase emerging technologies and trends.
- Objective 1.2: Provide geographically diverse events.
- Objective 1.3: Provide professional services for schools, associations, policy makers, and the media.
Goal 2: TCEA promotes leadership excellence for staff, board, and membership.
- Objective 2.1: Provide opportunities for leadership development.
- Objective 2.2: Enhance the plan to recognize excellence of members.
Goal 3: TCEA is the catalyst for a connected and collaborative community of educators.
- Objective 3.1: Update organizational resources for reliable, efficient, and convenient delivery of member services.
- Objective 3.2: Utilize best communication strategies to engage members and partners.
- Objective 3.3: Provide opportunities for our members to collaboratively address special interests.
Goal 4: TCEA leads advocacy efforts for education at the state and national level.
- Objective 4.1: Advance a state and national advocacy agenda on behalf of members.
- Objective 4.2: Strengthen influence with legislative entities.
Goal 5: TCEA’s financial position stimulates organizational growth.
- Objective 5.1: Ensure a sufficient and diversified financial position to meet organizational goals.
- Objective 5.2: Increase membership through recruitment and retention.
“Because of TCEA, Weslaco ISD has been able to increase our knowledge and actively engage in new tech tools, broadening our horizons in the classrooms in all content areas.”
-Leticia G. Martinez