The purpose of this program is to assist educators in earning their Google Certified Trainer (GCT) certification. Participants who successfully complete the certification requirements will earn the TCEA Certified Educator, Google Certified Trainer Certification. They will also be prepared to pursue the Google Certified Trainer (GCT) Certification via Google (that cost, if any, is not included).
TCEA has made this course detailed and easy to follow. It is great to take this course at your own pace because it gives you the time to go back and re-read and connect all the information. The videos in the modules are also set up in a manner that allows you to replay . This helps when considering the activities for the final assessment. Thank you!
Why Learn with TCEA?
- Our courses are streamlined for efficient and lasting learning.
- We include training simulations that replicate the scenarios you will experience on the exam and present detailed information about what you will need to prepare for your GCT application.
- We also offer ideas and techniques based on years of experience in professional development, integrating educator feedback to always meet the needs of course participants.
Self-Paced Online Course
The Google Certified Trainer (GCT) Certification is a self-paced, online program. Participants can begin anytime and go at their own speed throughout the program.
Upon enrollment, you will receive a program invitation email from TCEA’s learning management system that will give you access to the self-paced course. Within the course, you will find modules that must be moved through in sequential order.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you have to pay Google for the Google Certified Trainer (GCT)?
No, there is no fee to apply.
2. Do the TCEA Google Educator courses certify me through Google?
When you complete the self-paced courses, you earn the TCEA Digital Badge and Certificate for Google Educator Level 1 or 2 or Google Certified Trainer (GCT). You also get 12 CPE hours per course or 24 for the Level 1 and 2 bundle. For some district professional development programs, this may be sufficient and avoid the additional cost of getting Google Educator Level certified. To earn Google’s Educator certification, you will need to take their exams. TCEA’s courses are designed to prepare you so you will do well on your first try.
3. How are TCEA’s courses different from the no-cost Google programs?
TCEA’s Google Certified Trainers and Innovator have recorded videos that provide you with the opportunity to prepare and successfully complete the Google Educator Level 1/2 exams. These videos have been field-tested and used often with others, so we know that for the majority of people, they work.
4. When does the Google Educator certification I earned expire?
Google Educator certifications last for three years. Please note that the Educator Level 1 and 2 exams must be successfully completed before applying for Google Certified Trainer (GCT). You will learn more about annual requirements for Google Certified Trainer in the course.
5. How long does it take to get my digital badge and certificate from TCEA?
Upon finishing the final module of the course, you will be asked to submit a form indicating completion. From the point TCEA staff receive the form, it may take up to 48 hours to process your request.
6. Are bulk registration discounts available?
Yes, bulk registration discounts are available. The discount is $10/discount per bundle for 10 or more registrants. Contact Lori Gracey via email at email@example.com.