The purpose of this course is to assist educators in becoming more comfortable with Google Classroom. Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a TCEA Google Classroom digital badge and completion certificate.
Why Learn with TCEA?
- Our courses are streamlined for efficient and lasting learning.
- We include videos that provide walkthroughs for specific components and eliminate “information overload.”
- We offer suggestions and curate resources based on years of experience in professional development, integrating educator feedback to always meet the needs of course participants.
This course has been a great help in giving me much great information and many wonderful resources to share with my teachers. The Pro Tips were especially helpful.
Self-Paced Online Course
The Google Classroom course is a self-paced, online program. Participants can begin anytime and go at their own speed throughout the program.
Upon enrollment, you will receive a program invitation email from TCEA’s learning management system that will give you access to the self-paced course. Within the course, you will find modules that must be moved through in sequential order. The modules can be found below.
Upon successful completion of all modules, you will receive TCEA’s custom digital badge and certificate. At that point, you may choose to register for TCEA Google Educator Level 1 and/or 2 certification courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How is this course different from what I can find on the web?
Finding and sorting through all the Google content on the web can be daunting. Where do you start? At a nominal cost, the course organizes your learning experience into several modules. It also presents additional resources and tools that enhance the Google Classroom and Google Meet experiences.
2. Does this course lead to a Google certification?
Completion of this course provides you with 12 hours of CPE credit, as well as a TCEA Digital badge and certificate for Google Classroom. Google does not offer a certification for Google Classroom.
3. What do I need to know before I take this course?
You would do well to be familiar with G Suite EDU tools. One way to prepare for that is by completing the Google Educator Level 1 certification offered through TCEA. That way, you have some background knowledge. You do not, however, need to be an expert at Google Classroom if you are starting with Google Classroom course.
4. How long does it take to get my digital badge and certificate from TCEA?
Upon finishing the final module of the course, you will be asked to submit a form indicating completion. From the point TCEA staff receive the form, it may take up to 48 hours to process your request.
5. Are bulk registration discounts available?
Yes, bulk registration discounts are available. The discount is $10/discount per bundle for 10 or more registrants.