Shape and Support the Needs of Special Education Students
Do you want to learn how to better engage students with special needs? Uncover solutions for developing engaging activities and build your capacity for meeting the needs of special education students working with classroom teachers.
Is This Course Right for You?
Our self-paced course will guide you in learning the difference between high-yield instructional practices that teachers use to provide differentiated instruction in the classroom and specially designed instruction. You’ll leave with ways to increase accessibility and a variety of resources to use with your students.
Ready to get started? Enroll today!
Plus, when you take our course you’ll receive a free 1-year membership to TCEA so you can keep the learning going all year long with our exclusive livestreams and events. And if you’re not satisfied for any reason, just reach out to us so we can make it right.
What People Are Saying…
“I liked this course as it was taught by someone with actual experience in the field who gave real examples.”
“This training helped me understand how to differentiate learning for SPED in-person kids and SPED remote kids.”
What Will I Learn?
- Discovering the differences identified between accommodations versus modifications
- Identifying commonly used accommodations for instruction and testing
- Ideas for how learning adaptions can be implemented for in-person or remote learning
- Defining differences between assistive technology and accessibility tools
- Tools and strategies to utilize with special needs students
- How to provide services for student with disabilities in a variety of instructional settings
- Recommendation on different methodologies for students from general education with minimal support to students in self-contained classroom environments
- Best practices for developing lessons and student/teacher schedules will be reviewed
- Acquire ideas for communicating instructional plans to parents
- Deploying and developing student expectations
- Creating lessons and activities that will engage students
Why Learn with TCEA?
For over 40 years, we’ve helped thousands of educators expand their knowledge on a variety of topics so you can trust that we aren’t going anywhere. We are on your side and putting our expertise to work helping you maximize your value in the classroom.
- Reliable, streamlined courses for efficiency
- Comprehensive training simulations with exam scenarios you’ll experience
- Effortless, self-paced learning on your schedule
- Engaging ideas and proven teaching techniques from our team of experts
- Industry-trusted, TCEA certificate of completion and custom digital badge
- Closed Captioning to increase accessibility and aid learning
- 12 educational credit hours