- Free, one-year TCEA membership for each participant ($49 value)
- TCEA digital badge
- TCEA certificate sent via email upon course completion
Why Learn with TCEA?
- Our courses are streamlined for efficient and lasting learning.
- We share ideas and resources that you won’t be able to find anywhere else.
- We also offer ideas and techniques based on years of experience in professional development, integrating educator feedback to always meet the needs of course participants.
Self-Paced Online Course
Canvas Educator is a self-paced, online program. Participants can begin anytime and go at their own speed throughout the program.
Upon enrollment, you will receive a program invitation email from TCEA’s learning management system (Instructure’s Canvas) that will give you access to the self-paced course. Within the course, you will find modules that must be moved through in sequential order. The modules can be found below.
|Module 1||Canvas Features||In this module, you will learn about different features that you can use in your online course to help better engage your students.|
|Module 2||Best Practices||In this module, you will be introduced to best practices, tips, and tricks to help you plan the best possible online course to meet the needs of your students.|
|Module 3||Creating Your First Course||In this module, you will walk through the steps of creating a course. Following these steps will help you be efficient, especially when designing a course for the first time.|
|Module 4||Let's Create a Course Together||Follow along and watch a sample demo course being developed.|
|Module 5||Integrating Other Tools||In this module, you will learn how to integrate other tools into the Canvas framework so that you can make use of strategies and activities that are not inherently possible (or feasible) with Canvas alone.|
|Module 6||Glossary||Refer to this module for a review of features, items, and terms in Canvas.|