CPE Credit Hours: 12
- Free, one-year TCEA membership for each participant ($49 value)
- TCEA digital badge
- TCEA certificate sent via email upon course completion
Why Learn with TCEA?
- Our courses are streamlined for efficient and lasting learning.
- We share ideas and resources that you won’t be able to find anywhere else.
- We also offer ideas and techniques based on years of experience in professional development, integrating educator feedback to always meet the needs of course participants.
Self-Paced Online Course
Chromebook Educator is a self-paced, online program. Participants can begin anytime and go at their own speed throughout the program.
Upon enrollment, you will receive a program invitation email from TCEA’s learning management system (Instructure’s Canvas) that will give you access to the self-paced course. Within the course, you will find modules that must be moved through in sequential order. The modules can be found below.
|Module 1||Chromebook/Chrome OS Basics||In this module, you will review the basic functions and features of a Chromebook as well as learn how to customize your Chromebook.|
|Module 2||Chrome Browser Basics||In this module, you will be introduced to the Chrome browser and will review the basic functions and features of the Chrome browser.|
|Module 3||Chrome Apps||In this module, you will explore Chrome apps, including how to find them. You will also see a few educational apps.|
|Module 4||Chrome Extensions||In this module, you will explore Chrome extensions. You will learn what Chrome extensions are, how to manage Chrome extensions and investigate Chrome extensions that can be used to increase your productivity.|
|Module 5||Integrating Chromebooks into Instruction||In this module, you will explore examples of incorporating Google tools and technologies with Bloom's Taxonomy. Chromebooks support learning in a variety of settings including one Chromebook in a classroom, Chromebooks on a cart, and a 1:1 device platform. Teachers and students can use this device and the suite of G Suite EDU apps to support teaching and learning, as well as increase their productivity.|