CPE Credit Hours: 12
- Free, one-year TCEA membership for each participant ($49 value)
- TCEA digital badge
- TCEA certificate sent via email upon course completion
If you have any questions or need further information about registration or course content, please fill out this short form.
Google Educator Level 1
What is the Google Educator Level 1 Course?
TCEA’s Google Level 1 course assists educators in earning their Google Educator Level 1 certification. Upon completion, you will earn the TCEA Google Educator Level 1 Certification which will prepare participants to successfully pass the Google Educator Level 1 exam (certification exam cost not included).
*This course was updated in May 2021 to reflect new exam expectations.
Pass Your Google Educator Level 1 Exam in Record Time
You’ve been scouring the web looking for a better, more efficient way to earn your Google Educator Level 1 certification. We understand you don’t have the time (or the desire) to spend extra time studying material that won’t be covered on the exam.
You can stop searching because we’ve tailored this course with the specific content you need to know to pass your Google Educator Level 1 exam.
Ready to jump right in? Enroll in the course now so you can prepare for your exam easily, and at your own pace.
Plus, when you take our course you’ll receive a free 1-year membership to TCEA so you can keep the learning going all year long with our exclusive livestreams and events. And if you’re not satisfied for any reason, just reach out to us so we can make it right.
What People Are Saying…
“Very helpful preparation even for those who are already familiar with GC. I passed the certification exam with ease!”
“The course was laid out perfectly and easy to understand. I feel like I got to practice the skills needed and have a good idea what the test will be like. Thank you!”
“I enjoyed how it was informational, but also brief. This made it easy to maintain interest and collect information!”
Is This Course Right For You?
Our self-paced course covers what you’ll need to know to pass your Google Educator Level 1 exam without having to waste time on irrelevant topics. That means you’ll have more time to make an impact in the classroom along with the added benefit of recognition and validation for your Google proficiency outside the classroom.
What Will I Learn?
- Education tools to enhance communication and improve organization
- Maximizing cloud storage with Google Drive
- Fueling productivity with Google Drive, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Groups, and Google Forms
- Unleashing the power of a cloud-based office suite
- Creating an easy-to-edit website and how to use it in the classroom
- Exploring Google Workspace for Education components: Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Sites
- Step-by-step directions for integrating Google tools in your classroom
- Activate learning with Google Drawings and Google Keep
- Utilizing YouTube for instruction
- Simplifying Google Classroom to provide you with the tools needed. to create a shared virtual space for students to learn in
- Supercharge communication with your students using Google Meet
- Practical testing tips and scenarios that simulate the exam
- Trusted support to guide you in preparation for the Google Educator Level 1 exam
Why Learn with TCEA?
For over 40 years, we’ve helped thousands of educators expand their knowledge on a variety of topics so you can trust that we aren’t going anywhere. We are on your side and putting our expertise to work helping you maximize your value in the classroom.
- Reliable, streamlined courses for efficiency
- Comprehensive training simulations with exam scenarios you’ll experience
- Effortless, self-paced learning on your schedule
- Engaging ideas and proven teaching techniques from our team of experts
- Industry-trusted TCEA certificate of completion and custom digital badge
- Closed captioning to increase accessibility and aid learning
- 12 CPE or educational credit hours
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you have to pay Google for the Google Educator Level 1 exam through them?
Yes, you will need to pay either a $10 (Level 1) or $25 (Level 2) fee to complete the exam through Google. The cost of the exam is NOT included in the TCEA online course price. You are responsible for purchasing the exam, or working with your school district/organization to obtain necessary vouchers. Please be aware that Google is transitioning from Kryterion test platform to ProctorU. TCEA recommends you work through Kryterion due to problems other test-takers are experiencing at this time with Proctor U.
2. Do the TCEA Google Educator courses certify me through Google?
When you complete the self-paced courses, you earn a TCEA Digital Badge and Certificate for Google Educator Level 1 or 2. You also get 12 CPE hours per course (e.g. two-course bundles earn 24 CPE credits, four courses earn you 48 CPE credits). For some district professional development programs, this may be sufficient and avoid the additional cost of getting Google Educator Level certified. To earn Google’s Educator certification, you will need to take their exams. TCEA’s courses are designed to prepare you for the exams so you will do well on your first try.
3. How are TCEA’s courses different from the no-cost Google programs?
TCEA’s Google Certified Trainers and Innovator have recorded videos that provide you with the opportunity to prepare and successfully complete the Google Educator Level 1/2 exams. These videos have been field-tested and used often with others, so we know that for the majority of people, they work.
4. When does the Google Educator certification I earned expire?
Google Educator certifications last for three years. Please note that the Educator Level 1 and 2 exams must be successfully completed before applying for Google Certified Trainer (GCT).
5. What about Level 2 certification?
If you have not yet earned a Google Educator Level 2 certification, this is an excellent time to do so. You can sign up for the TCEA Certification course ($29) for Google Educator Level 2, complete it in 12-18 hours, then take the exam at a cost of $25 (paid to Google, not TCEA).
6. How long does it take to get my digital badge and certificate from TCEA?
Upon finishing the final module of the course, you will be asked to submit a form indicating completion. At that point, you can get your digital badge. Upon submitting the form, you will get your certificate emailed to you within fifteen to thirty minutes.
7. How long does it take Google to send my digital credentials after I pass the exam?
Depending on which testing platform you take the exam on, it can take anywhere between an hour to seven days. If testing on the Kryterion platform, you will get your Level 1 results instantaneously via an email. If Level 2, it can take a day or two for your results to be emailed, however, you will find evidence of success in the WebAssessor page. If ProctorU, results take approximately seven days via email.
8. Are bulk registration discounts available?
Yes, bulk registration discounts are available. The discount is $10/discount per bundle for 10 or more registrants. Contact Lori Gracey via email at [email protected].
9. What happens after I enroll?
Upon enrollment, you will receive a program invitation email from TCEA’s learning management system (Instructure’s Canvas) that will give you access to the self-paced course. Within the course, you will find modules that must be moved through in sequential order. Upon successful completion of all modules, you will receive TCEA’s custom digital badge and certificate. At that point, you may choose to pursue the Google Educator Level 1 Certification. Instructions are provided in the course as to how to proceed.