CPE Credit Hours: 12
- Free, one-year TCEA membership for each participant ($49 value)
- TCEA digital badge
- TCEA certificate sent via email upon course completion
If you have any questions or need further information about registration or course content, please fill out this short form.
Why Learn with TCEA?
- Our courses are streamlined for efficient and lasting learning.
- We include training simulations that replicate the scenarios you will experience on the exam and present detailed information about what you will need to prepare for your GCT application.
- We also offer ideas and techniques based on years of experience in professional development, integrating educator feedback to always meet the needs of course participants.
Self-Paced Online Course
The Google Sites course is a self-paced, online program. Participants can begin anytime and go at their own speed throughout the program.
Upon enrollment, you will receive a program invitation email from TCEA’s learning management system (Instructure’s Canvas) that will give you access to the self-paced course. Within the course, you will find modules that must be moved through in sequential order. The modules can be found below.
Upon successful completion of all modules, you will receive TCEA’s custom digital badge and certificate.
|Module 1||Creating Your Site||Are you asking yourself where do I begin? This module will walk you through accessing Google Sites. Time will be spent naming your site, creating a header, and exploring the Google Sites toolbox.|
|Module 2||Adding Content and Customization||Module 2 is about adding content and customizing your Google Site.|
|Module 3||Organization and Navigation||This module is jam-packed full of information. Adding pages and page navigation are explained. You will also discover how to create and use footers, layouts, and templates. To pick up some good ideas for your own site, check out the collection of education-themed Google Sites. Finally, resources are shared to use a Google Site as a student digital portfolio.|
|Module 4||Sharing and Publishing||In this module, the intricacies of sharing and publishing your Google Site are spelled out.|
|Module 5||Bells and Whistles||Now that you have the basics under your belt, the final module is all about adding flair to your site. Google is always releasing new features and updates; so this is the place you will want to visit and then revisit when something new pops up in Google Sites.|