CPE Credit Hours: 12
- Free, one-year TCEA membership for each participant ($49 value)
- TCEA digital badge
- TCEA certificate sent via email upon course completion
If you have any questions or need further information about registration or course content, please fill out this short form.
Why Learn with TCEA?
- Our courses are streamlined for efficient and lasting learning.
- We include videos that provide walkthroughs for specific components and eliminate “information overload.”
- We offer suggestions and curate resources based on years of experience in professional development, integrating educator feedback to always meet the needs of course participants.
Self-Paced Online Course
The Google Slides course is a self-paced, online program. Participants can begin anytime and go at their own speed throughout the program.
Upon enrollment, you will receive a program invitation email from TCEA’s learning management system (Instructure’s Canvas) that will give you access to the self-paced course. Within the course, you will find modules that must be moved through in sequential order. The modules can be found below.
Upon successful completion of all modules, you will receive TCEA’s custom digital badge and certificate.
|Module 1||Essential Beginnings||Google Slides has so much to offer. Get off on the right start with five easy design elements and the slide layouts. The Master Template Editor is easy to learn and is quite the time saver.|
|Module 2||Adding Content and Customization||In module 2, you will explore adding content to Google Slides. You will also learn a wide variety of functions to customize text, symbols, and images.|
|Module 3||Adding Media and Functionality||In this module, you will explore Slides features that should not be overlooked. Embedding audio and video, the Q&A audience tool, and publishing to the web will be covered. Useful add-ons and extensions are also introduced.|
|Module 4||Sharing and Permissions||In this module, the intricacies of sharing and permissions of Google Slides are spelled out.|
|Module 5||Teacher/Student Creativity and Productivity||Google Slides is a powerful tool for both teachers and students. Not only as a presentation creator, but Slides is the perfect environment for collaboration, creativity, and mastering powerful technological skills and concepts.|