- Free, one-year TCEA membership for each participant ($49 value)
- TCEA digital badge
- TCEA certificate sent via email upon course completion
Remote Learning Educator Certification
The purpose of this course is to help you make the transition from traditional, face-to-face instruction to remote teaching and learning. At the end of the course, you will have gained practical tips that will make it easier for you to provide exceptional educational experiences for remote learners. The top three goals for this course include:
- Facilitating remote learning that is based on high-effect-size instructional strategies
- Knowing how to better navigate and plan digital technologies, matching the best and most appropriate digital tools to the learning
- Ensuring clear, consistent communication and safe learning environments for students, parents, and colleagues
Why Learn with TCEA?
- Our courses are streamlined for efficient and lasting learning.
- We share ideas and resources that you won’t be able to find anywhere else.
- We also offer ideas and techniques based on years of experience in professional development, integrating educator feedback to always meet the needs of course participants.
Self-Paced Online Course
The Remote Learning Educator Certification is a self-paced, online program. Participants can begin anytime and go at their own speed throughout the program.
Upon enrollment, you will receive a program invitation email from TCEA’s learning management system (Instructure’s Canvas) that will give you access to the self-paced course. Within the course, you will find modules that must be moved through in sequential order. The modules can be found below.
With the successful completion of all modules, you will receive TCEA’s custom digital badge and certificate.
|Module 1||Communication||In this module, we'll be discussing the importance of facilitating digital communications with students, parents, and other education stakeholders.|
|Module 2||Research Implications||In this module, we'll be exploring evidence-based instructional strategies and how to match digital tools to each. You will also be introduced to a five-step action process for planning lessons that blend high-impact instructional strategies with digital tools.|
|Module 3||Designing Remote Lessons||In this module, we'll discover how to apply evidence-based teaching approaches to the needs of remote learners. You'll see how to design remote lessons, create learning activities, and assess students, as well as bring the lesson to a close.|
|Module 4||Social and Emotional Learning||In this module, we will explore social and emotional learning and why it is so important. You will also discover many SEL resources you can use in a remote learning environment.|
|Module 5||Teaching Platforms||In this module, we will focus on good pedagogy as identified by research and you'll learn some new vocabulary. As you go through this module, you'll bring your expertise and understanding of technology to the table and reflect on where technology can be infused with great teaching to make learning even better for students.|
|Module 6||Safety and Security||In this module, we'll be exploring several key components such as FERPA, recording, and other student safety and security topics. Each component explores a critical aspect of understanding the legal guidelines of working with students in an online environment.|
|Appendices||–||In these appendices, we share some curated content and resources about the technical aspects. For example, you will find information on video conferencing platforms, learning management systems, screencasting tools, and communication tools. You will also have the opportunity to share practical tips and insights with other remote learning educators.|