CPE Credit Hours: 12
- Free, one-year TCEA membership for each participant ($49 value)
- TCEA digital badge
- TCEA certificate sent via email upon course completion
Social and Emotional Learning
The purpose of this self-paced online course is to introduce educators to social and emotional learning (SEL). Learn strategies to incorporate SEL in your classroom and build your own SEL skills as well.
At the end of this course, participants will have:
- An understanding of what SEL is and why it is important to student growth
- Strategies that can be used in the classroom to implement SEL
- A repository of resources that can be used in the classroom
Why Learn with TCEA?
- Our courses are streamlined for efficient and lasting learning.
- We share ideas and resources that you won’t be able to find anywhere else.
- We also offer ideas and techniques based on years of experience in professional development, integrating educator feedback to always meet the needs of course participants.
Self-Paced Online Course
Social and Emotional Learning is a self-paced, online program. Participants can begin anytime and go at their own speed throughout the program.
Upon enrollment, you will receive a program invitation email from TCEA’s learning management system (Instructure’s Canvas) that will give you access to the self-paced course. Within the course, you will find modules that must be moved through in sequential order. The modules can be found below.
|Module 1||Introduction to SEL||In this module, we will introduce you to social and emotional learning. You will review resources in order to help you understand the importance of SEL.|
|Module 2||Self-Awareness||Self-Awareness is the ability to accurately recognize one's own emotions, thoughts, and values. In this module, you’ll explore your own self-awareness and explore ways to teach it in the classroom.|
|Module 3||Self-Management||Self-Management is the ability to successfully regulate one’s emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in different situations. In this module, you’ll explore your own self-management and explore ways to teach it in the classroom.|
|Module 4||Social Awareness||Social awareness is the ability to take the perspective of and empathize with others. In this module, you’ll explore your own social awareness and explore ways to teach it in the classroom.|
|Module 5||Relationship Skills||Relationship skills is the ability to establish and maintain healthy and rewarding relationships with diverse individuals and groups. In this module, you’ll explore your own relationship skills and explore ways to teach it in the classroom.|
|Module 6||Responsible Decision-Making||Responsible decision-making is the ability to make constructive choices about personal behavior and social interactions based on ethical standards. In this module, you’ll explore your own responsible decision-making and explore ways to teach it in the classroom.|
|Module 7||Finalize Action Plan and Reflect||In this module, you’ll submit your SEL Action Plan and reflect on implementing SEL in your classroom.|